Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Whitby Dracula 1977 (Halloween Nostalgia)




Dracula Whitbyiensis (The Whitby Dracula)

By the light
Of the silvery moon
I importune
Pretty maidens, who swoon at what I'm doin'.
Then off I zoom
to my room with a tomb.
Just popped out for a bite.
Did I give you a fright?
I'll be back again soon,
By the light of the moon.

By the light
Of the silvery stars
Outside the graveyard I pause
With someone's throat in my jaws.
(Oh! Let my dentures dent yours!)
Singing this refrain
In a jocular vein:
A drop or two of you will see me through;
Can you lend me a spoon?
By the light of the moon.


In my cloak and hat
With my little pet bat
What an aristocrat!
Who can guess what I'm at?
(Assault and battery that's what! )
As I flit
Across the moon I'm well lit:
I had a little haemorrhage
I've been keeping in the fridge!
I'm going to croon
By the light of the moon.

c. Mike Absalom 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment